Skip to main content

College & University Study Abroad Safety

Minnesota Statutes 5.41 requires that postsecondary institutions file a report with the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State containing information about the health and safety of study abroad programs in Minnesota’s colleges and universities. The Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State will publish these reports as soon as they are available. For more information on the Postsecondary Study Abroad reports, visit the website of the Office of Higher Education.

You can find information about studying abroad at the website of the Council on Standards for International Educational Travel (CSIET), a self-regulatory trade group, which licenses and reviews student exchange groups. The CSIET Advisory List is especially helpful if you are interested in studying abroad, as it includes links to many ISEOs.